Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Information Technology Director - Infrastructure and Applications
Purchase, NY 10577 US
Our client is a booming distribution company and a leader in their industry here in the Northeast. They are seeking a well-rounded IT Director that will effectively manage a diverse IT team that maintains the company’s entire information technology stack. In this role you will be the hands-on leader for the organization’s infrastructure, business applications, information security, and business intelligence personnel.
Company HQ located in Westchester County, Purchase NY area
Salary range 175 – 220K, 20-25% target yearly bonus, and strong benefits
- Lead of team of 6 direct reports that support the company’s various pillars of IT, including server and network infrastructure, business applications, ERP systems, information security, business intelligence, helpdesk, and other operational support systems
- Guide and mentor team members through hands on, servant leadership, working through various future IT initiatives
- Ensure a strong partnership between operations and information technology to ensure that business requirements are met from an IT standpoint
- Work hands on, alongside the IT team when needed to ensure the information technology environment is stable and operating efficiently
- Develop future growth plans and initiatives for the information technology department to meet increasing business needs
- Collaborate with outside vendors, internal business units, and peer senior level leaders to maximize the potential of the IT environment
- Foster a positive work environment within the IT team, provide mentorship, and promote collaboration/communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology preferred but proven industry experience will suffice
- Proven track record of hands on IT Management within midsize to large organization
- Distribution industry experience required
- Hands on experience leading infrastructure, applications, security, BI, and support teams
- Must be able to foster a positive and collaborative working environment for the team
- Ability to partner IT with all business units to ensure expectations and needs are met
- Ability to lead, motivate, and develop a high performing IT team
- Must be able to collaborate/communicate effectively with peer senior executives, business partners, vendors, and customers
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter, Information Technology
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.