Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Hartford, CT 06101 US
Engagement - 6 month contract, with a possible permanent hire
Schedule - Full-time, Initially onsite, but one fully trained will be mostly remote
Salary - $90,000 - $140,000, DOE and qualifications
In partnership with a well known, reputable organization, we are actively recruiting for a Controller to direct the accounting activities such as reporting, closings, and supervising a strong small team of accounting professionals. The ideal candidate has a strong background working in non-profit or healthcare settings paired with great leadership and accounting skills.
- Lead a small team of accountants, providing training and guidance to direct reports as necessary
- Ensure timely processing of accounts payable and receivable
- Post monthly journal entries and reconcile various bank accounts against general ledger
- Oversee annual audits (when necessary) and work in conjunction with external firms
- Continually evaluate accounting processes and suggest/implement improvement initiatives
- Manage payroll activities such as reporting, audits, and reconciliations
- File taxes in a timely fashion
- Maintain an accurate and updated general ledger
- Ensure accurate tracking and documentation of all accounting activities in accordance with GAAP
- Work with fixed assets and calculate depreciation
- Make adjustments to annual budget and assist in budget preparation when necessary
- Oversee accounting ERP - update and train when needed
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field of study
- 8+ years of accounting experience with at least 3 years of supervisor experience
- CPA certification is preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.