Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Internal Marketing & Communication
280 Chestnut Street Springfield, MA 01104
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Are you good at employee relations?
Our client is a large hospital and healthcare network serving the Greater Springfield area, looking for a Communications Specialist to market their employee Health & Well-Being programs.
It is a blended role that requires skill in writing simple, yet engaging, health and benefit related communications as well as supporting the ongoing administration of well-being programs.
1. Develop effective communications and marketing to support program delivery through internal and external service providers for optimal impact on program participation across the enterprise.
2. Design and develop effective educational materials, including providing support for the development of online content/layout.
3. Accountable for accurate data tracking and reporting of program-specific data.
4. Develop and manage calendar of program events, independent contractors, facilities and execution details.
5. Provide exceptional customer service and assist with troubleshooting with vendors to maximize employee engagement.
Strong project management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High degree of organizational skills and attention to detail. Any experience with health promotion, population health management, behavior change is preferable.
Bachelors degree preferred: Health, nutrition, exercise, organizational development, psychology or other related field.
Branch Manager, Springfield Office
Derek Carroll has been working in healthcare staffing and recruiting for over 20 years, and has been with J.Morrissey since 2012. Prior to coming to J.Morrissey, Derek ran a private duty homecare company matching caregivers to families, and a staffing agency providing healthcare workers to a variety of settings such as long term care, hospitals, corrections, occupational health, behavioral health and more.
As the Branch Manager for J.Morrissey’s Springfield office, Derek continues to staff clinical and non-clinical personnel in those types of healthcare settings, in addition to roles in insurance, finance, commercial and other industries. Derek is also responsible for the daily operations of the branch and its staff, as well as collaborating extensively with the other divisions.
Derek is active in the Pioneer Valley community with serving on the Business Advisory Council for the Mass Rehab Commission and the Allied Health Collaborative through the Regional Employment Board. He also participates with several career services agencies, as well as social services agencies in the region such as Wayfinders and Viability Inc.
Derek received a Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts from Northeastern University in Boston, with concentrations in Philosophy and Psychology.