Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
International Tax Manager
358 Hall Ave Wallingford, CT 06492
Our client is looking for an International Tax Manager. The primary role of the Tax Manager will be to manage the corporation’ s international tax reporting function. Additionally, this position will be called upon to assist in the preparation of the corporation’ s worldwide effective tax rate and analyze the various foreign current and deferred tax accounts and FIN 48 accounts. This position will deal directly with internal accounting personnel within the world headquarters as well as with other operations located around the globe.
- Oversee the preparation of Forms 1118, 5471, 8858 and 8856 tax returns.
- Manage the preparation of the U.S. Tax reporting requirements for the corporation’ s international transactions.
- Optimize utilization of the ONESOURCE International tax compliance software.
- Generate and implement procedural improvements to current compliance and provision processes.
- Provide assistance in determining and implementing tax planning ideas and strategies.
Interested candidates must be able to establish and maintain in good standing with the corporation’ s relationship with various taxing authorities, and be able to effective communicate with a broad range of individuals, both domestically as well as internationally.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years corporate tax experience; strongly preferred in international taxation.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting; advanced degree (Tax) or CPA a plus.
- Solid understanding of ASC 740 principles.
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; some overtime when required.
- Superior interpersonal, supervisory, and communication.
Qualified candidates should inquire to:
Erik Morrissey at ErikM@jmorrissey.com or (860)925-6000 ext. 102
Tyler Losure at TylerL@jmorrissey.com or (860)925-6000 ext. 104
Erik Morrissey, CPA
Vice President, Accounting & Financial Services
Erik J. Morrissey, CPA, leads our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on direct hire placements across all industries. Erik is responsible for representing top talented accounting and finance professionals at all levels of their careers.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Erik was an Experienced Audit Senior with CohnReznick LLP and worked with clients in manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, professional services, educational, and not-for-profit. As lead auditor on his engagements, he was able to learn various management styles and organizational structures which allows him to better understand the true needs of his clients as a recruiter. His knowledge of the accounting industry enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates to ensure the right fit for both parties.
Erik is actively involved in the Cherish the Children Foundation; serves on the Board of the Windsor Chamber of Commerce as Vice President – Community Relations; serves on the CTCPA Golf Tournament Interest Group and the CTCPA Future Professional Accountant Committee; Serves on the Bushnell Young Professionals Advisory Group and on the Post University Accounting Advisory Board.
Erik is also a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce and Glastonbury Hills Country Club.
Erik obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island. He also has his Master’s Degree in Accounting from Post University and is a Certified Public Accountant.