Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Investment Operations Specialist
Wethersfield, CT 06109 US
- Collaborate with brokers and the trading desk in reconciling daily settlement issues
- Execute and analyze internal reports and review previous day’s activity in the accounting system
- Run and analyze mid-day reports and identify and resolve any discrepancies
- Run day end profit and loss reports and reconcile against accounting and profit and loss systems
- Provide research to traders on profit and loss variances
- Morning price reconciliations – compare prior prices from the pricing source against unmatched items in Bloomberg
- Utilize Bloomberg to add symbols and prices
- Pricing items in the alert log
- Open and maintain accounts for brokers and execute agreements
- Bachelor’s in business or finance
- 1-5 years of experience of Investment Operations experience
- Great communication skills
- Organization skills
- Reconciliation skills
- MS Word and Excel
- Bloomberg experience preferred
- $65-85k, depending on experience
- Full range of benefits - health, vision, dental insurance, PTO, 401k
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.