Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Junior Financial Analyst
We are actively recruiting for a Junior Financial Analyst.
Company profile: Large, employee-centric organization that operates in a mix of hospitality, real-estate, and logistics. With plans to continue their growth efforts over the next few years, this company is already located in upwards of 33 states across the country and calls downtown Hartford it’ s home. This “ people-first” company is ideal for someone that thrives in a fast-paced, high volume, detail oriented environment.
Position Profile: The successful candidate will not only possess the technical know-how but will also possess the right mindset and mentality. Meaning, they are someone that is passionate. Someone that comes into work every day with an intent and purpose. They are someone that lifts others up around them and genuinely wants them to succeed.
Technically speaking, the successful candidate will be both a master of data-management as well as be financially competent. Some examples of tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist on all matters related to budgeting and business performance management
- Develop and maintain dashboards, reports, and budget data entry forms
- Data sourcing with SQL queries
- Utilization of visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or Qlik
- Participate in business intelligent projects to develop metrics, KPIs, dashboards, and reports that will directly fuel decisions for the organization
- Review relevant budgets for accuracy and providing the necessary review and critique of each
- Maintain and review budget review charts and presentations to provide the CFO and other executives a quick, accurate and thorough review as well as a solid understanding of the forecasted picture
Requirements: In terms of requirements, we’ d love to see someone with at least a bachelor’ s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. Some other requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Strong understanding and knowledge of financial analysis
- Knowledge of Discounted Cash Flow, New Present Value, and ability to adapt and utilize new models of financial reporting and modeling
- Detail oriented, proactive, and can articulate and communicate effectively
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: Tableau, Qlike, Power BI
Summary: If you feel that you meet all of the technical requirements AND you want to be a part of a truly people-first, large and growing organization, then we want to hear from you! Submit your resume and application to get started.
Executive Recruiter, Accounting & Financial Services
Tyler Losure is an Executive Recruiter with our Accounting and Finance Group. Tyler focuses on direct hire placements across all industries, and he is responsible for representing top professionals at all levels of their accounting and finance careers.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Tyler worked as the Strategic Relations Coordinator at the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants. There, he worked to educate and motivate college accounting majors to not only pursue accounting as a career choice but to take it a step further and complete the CPA process. Additionally, he facilitated the Societies business development efforts, acquiring and securing sponsors, vendors, and advertisers for various events and publications. Tyler also coordinated the CTCPA’s Fairfield County Young Professionals group as well as orchestrated the “Accounting Is My Major (AIM)” conferences for aspiring high school juniors and seniors.
Tyler is a current Leadership Board Member of the American Lung Association’s Northeast Chapter; actively involved with HYPE, a member of the Bushnell Young Professionals Group, and a member of the University of Hartford Rugby Alumni Association.
Tyler obtained his Masters of Arts & Science in Communications from the University of Hartford, where he also completed his bachelor’s degree in Communications.