Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
46 Daggett Drive West Springfield, MA 01089 US
Allergy practice seeking a Full-time LPN/RN to work collaboratively with the providers and other office staff to provide high quality care to our patients. Performs the functions and procedures as identified by the physician. Documents assessment, care delivery, patient condition, reaction, and progress. Works as a liaison between providers and patients. Provides and reinforces patient and family teaching/counseling within scope of practice. Provides patient education, especially in regard to biologics/immunotherapy, medications, and supports the business goals of the practice.
We are looking for a self-motivated, mature, organized, detail oriented, reliable LPN/RN with a cheerful demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills to join our wonderful work environment.
We offer health insurance for our staff and many holidays paid!
Must be fluent in English and Spanish is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam/testing; takes vital signs.
- Provides assistance to physician when requested.
- Performs Spirometry and other breathing tests as ordered.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for testing.
- Performs patient education when appropriate.
- Completes appropriate documentation in patients’ medical record.
- Facilitates prescriptions for patients as ordered by the provider.
- Performs allergy skin testing and/or intradermal testing as ordered by physician.
- Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
- Monitors patients’ medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
- Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, code cart and supplies, suction, etc.
- As necessary: appropriately assesses/evaluates patient problems over the phone, utilizing approved telephone triage protocol to determine the level of care the caller needs. Demonstrates good clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, assessment skills, careful listening, and good communication skills. Documents calls thoroughly and closes the loop between self, patient, and provider in a timely manner.
- Will complete allergen mixing coursework following the USP 797 guidelines of sterility.
- Follows up to obtain referrals and insurance authorization as requested and needed.
- Ability to organize requirements for biologics whether via Specialty Pharmacy or Buy and Bill. This includes proper completion of all necessary paperwork for ordering, billing, and reimbursement of biologics
- Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples.
- Collaborates with patients, colleagues, and interdisciplinary team members to achieve desired outcomes.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- Attends CPR, OSHA, and HIPAA training programs as required.
- Attends all regular meetings.
- Participates in professional development activities
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
- High School Degree or GED required
- Every LPN/RN will hold a current, unrestricted license to practice in the state of MA.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of experience in a clinical setting
- Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices
- Experience communicating and interacting with physicians
- Analytical ability strongly preferred
- Computer navigation skills and the ability to learn different technology required.
- Ability to document in the electronic Medical Record, working knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Experience with Modernizing Medicine EMR desirable
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish is preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $26.00 - $36.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
required to be Covid & Flu vaccinated.
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- LPN (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Staffing Services, Healthcare and Office Services, Springfield Office
Melissa Cartier is an Account Manager in our J. Morrissey Springfield Office. Melissa brings to us several years of career services and counseling experience to the J. Morrissey team. Melissa works with large and small companies in the Springfield area, and is responsible for managing new and current clients as well as recruiting and onboarding temporary candidates for temporary positions.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Melissa was the Director of Career Services at Premier Education Group where she performed various career development functions and achieved company benchmark placement rates. Melissa started her career as a Certified Medical Assistant, which has provided her with valuable insights into the healthcare industry and has helped her form strong connections with her clients and candidates.
In addition to her passion for recruiting and building relationships, Melissa volunteers her time public speaking in schools where she delivers presentations on career development and growth. Melissa also belongs to the Chicopee Chamber of Commerce. Her industry knowledge, commitment to quality service, and enthusiasm for people make her an invaluable member of the J. Morrissey team.