Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Labor Relations Program Manager
100 Grand Street New Britain, CT
J. Morrissey is currently recruiting for a Labor Relations Program Manager role for a client located in New Britain, CT.
This is a direct hire position.
Salary: $100, 000 - $118, 000
- Ensure compliance for employee programs for 3 large hospitals
- Ensure that employee and labor relations activities are in accordance with established guidelines, union contracts and that administrative practices are in accordance with legal requirements.
- Develop, interpret, manage and recommend policies, practices, and courses of action based on workforce trends.
- Support strategic planning for effective labor relations that are aligned with the objectives for the Central Region.
- Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations. Track and analyze trends, recommend education, communication, and / or training to mitigate risk to the organization.
- Oversee the investigation process in such areas as working conditions, disciplinary actions, policy violations and employee and applicant appeals and complaints. Provide guidance to management and makes recommendations for problem resolution.
- Provide coaching, recommend education and training initiatives in an effort to upgrade managerial skills and capabilities related to employee and labor relations.
- Oversee the dispute resolution process involving employees, management, unions, legal counsel, government agencies, other firms, etc. Direct and advise managers to ensure compliance with the corrective action process.
- Partner with legal counsel to mitigate organization risk. Analyze and advise on contractual requirements. Conduct analyses and provide input in support of bargaining objectives, arbitration cases, audits (Joint Commission, DPH) and other legal proceedings.
- Provide input on hiring, promotion, termination, disciplinary and commendatory actions as appropriate. Includes collaborating with CoE partners on role development/job evaluations, compensation actions, talent acquisition, and benefits administration.
- Interpret and oversee collective bargaining agreements including grievances, arbitration, wages/salaries, employee welfare, and Union practices. Ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreements.
- Support the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements. Advise management on issues regarding union-management relations which can impact contract negotiations.
- Partner with management to lead monthly labor management meetings.
- Build and maintain relationships with elected union officials and as appropriate external Union leadership.
- Support local administration of organization programs such as bonus programs, policy changes and implementation while understanding and providing feedback to leadership on labor impact.
- Lead and support special projects to improve employee and labor relations for the organization.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- MBA/MA or Advanced Degree in Organizational Development preferred or, Bachelor’ s Degree in human resource management or closely related field with equivalent training and experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years total experience in human resources
- 6 year in a role responsible for employee and labor relations role.
- Mastery of labor relations needs and challenges as related to a company’ s collective bargaining agreement and business strategy.
- Advanced working knowledge of employee and labor relations principles, best practices, labor regulations, and unions.
- Has the ability to identify core issues and resolve them via effectively utilizing available resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and strong interpersonal communications.
- Must be self-directed and motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision and
- Consistently works with integrity to develop strong trusting relationships and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Possesses a proactive approach to accomplishing work, has timely follow up, and demonstrates the flexibility to meet business needs with a focus on achieving results.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally with employees, members of the HR team, leadership and in group presentations and meetings.
- Maintains a calm and logical demeanor when faced with challenging employees or situations.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to this job posting for immediate consideration.
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.