Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Newington, CT 06111
Lease Accountant / Analyst
Responsible for evaluating and analyzing all new equipment leases and embedded leases for accounting implications. They will prepare the operating expense reconciliations and journal entry postings from the software application for ASC 842 for all health network leases.
Equipment and Embedded Lease Job Duties
- Responsible for evaluating and analyzing new leases for accounting implications.
- Input contracts and all data into lease software ensuring they are categorized and recorded appropriately. Update information as required.
Real Estate Lease Job Duties
- Validate interface/load of lease information from Veoci [Real Estate] software or applicable Real Estate lease software
- Review property leases to identify financial leases and ensure they are properly recorded
- Prepare and post all lease related journal entries
- Prepare reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts
- Research, document and resolve reconciling items
- Prepare external and internal audit schedules & reporting
- Work closely with other departments to research and resolve questions or recon items
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance with a strong accounting emphasis
- 2-4 years of accounting experience [healthcare experience a plus] preferable 1-2 years of direct leasing experience
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Lease Software and SharePoint a plus
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MicroSoft products specifically Excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Other duties as required
Executive Recruiter, Accounting & Financial Services
Tyler Losure is an Executive Recruiter with our Accounting and Finance Group. Tyler focuses on direct hire placements across all industries, and he is responsible for representing top professionals at all levels of their accounting and finance careers.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Tyler worked as the Strategic Relations Coordinator at the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants. There, he worked to educate and motivate college accounting majors to not only pursue accounting as a career choice but to take it a step further and complete the CPA process. Additionally, he facilitated the Societies business development efforts, acquiring and securing sponsors, vendors, and advertisers for various events and publications. Tyler also coordinated the CTCPA’s Fairfield County Young Professionals group as well as orchestrated the “Accounting Is My Major (AIM)” conferences for aspiring high school juniors and seniors.
Tyler is a current Leadership Board Member of the American Lung Association’s Northeast Chapter; actively involved with HYPE, a member of the Bushnell Young Professionals Group, and a member of the University of Hartford Rugby Alumni Association.
Tyler obtained his Masters of Arts & Science in Communications from the University of Hartford, where he also completed his bachelor’s degree in Communications.