Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Legal Assistant - Litigation
New Haven, CT 06501 US
Full time, Monday - Friday
On-site in New Haven, CT
Pay: $55-60k, depending on experience
In partnership with a longstanding local client of ours, we are recruiting for an experienced Legal Assistant to assist the litigation division for this law firm.
- Draft, edit, and file legal documents
- Communicate with vendors, lawyers, opposing counsel, and other legal staff members
- Schedule and prepare court filings - in person and e-filings
- Assist with legal research
- Accurately manage busy calendars, coordinate legal projects, and manage client and court records such as pleadings
- Shorthand attorney's dictation
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 3+ years of experience supporting several attorneys
- Experience working in litigation
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.