Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
POSITION TITLE: MDS COORDINATOR
POSITION SUMMARY & QUALIFICATIONS:
The MDS Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the timely completion of accurate assessments and interdisciplinary care plans that meet applicable state and federal requirements. Previous experience is required.
- Must be an RN licensed in good standing with at least one year of additional education or experience in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing and one year of previous MDS experience.
- Able to safely perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The MDS Coordinator respects and adheres to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
- Consistently supports the mission and values of the facility.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to assess resident needs.
- Ensures accurate coding using information from the medical record, observation and interview of residents, family members as needed and staff.
- Completes MDS data entry; coordinates and facilitates comprehensive care plan schedules.
- Performs electronic submission of the facility-wide MDS information.
- Coordinates the routine review of residents in a Medicare Part A stay.
- Acts as a MDS/PPS resource for the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Monitors the workplace for safety and fire hazards reports potential problems.
- Understands and complies with responsibilities concerning resident rights, confidentially, infection control, safety, and accident and fire protection.
- Schedules and facilitates interdisciplinary care plan meetings.
This Memory Care Facility is located in Hartford County and provides for patients with dementia care, Alzheimer’ s and Parkinson’ s Diseases, among others. The facility (under 100 beds) is a safe, secure and nurturing environment in a community-style setting and a secure, monitored area for residents that have a tendency to wander. Caregivers assist with Activities of Daily Living, high blood pressure, diabetes or other medical conditions.
The facility provides programs catered towards Memory Care residents. This includes entertainment, exercise and a health and wellness program to keep them active. Other activities include music therapy, pet therapy, art therapy and board games.
***ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO***
Connie Merritt, CPC
Senior Executive Recruiter, Healthcare Services
Connie Merritt, a Senior Executive Recruiter in our Healthcare Services Group, has been placing J.Morrissey candidates across Connecticut and Western Massachusetts for nearly 20 years bringing previous recruiting experience with her. She is responsible for the direct hire placement of clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals in a wide variety of environments.
Connie began her career as a Certified Laboratory Technician in acute care, private, and insurance environments. Her professional experience also includes twenty years in Retail Management, Sales, Corporate Training and Business Ownership.
She is a graduate of the Dale Carnegie Course in Public Speaking. She is currently a Senior Executive Healthcare Recruiter, a Certified Personnel Consultant and member of the National Association of Personnel Consultants and the Connecticut Association of Personnel Consultants. She has been a member of the Connecticut Women in Health Care Management, Inc. Association and served as Membership Chair from 2002 - 2010.
Connie believes that “a person does not care how much you know until they know how much you care”. This belief has led Connie to years of continual success with her unwavering commitment servicing the needs of clients and candidates, thus yielding successful placement of career driven individuals and fulfilling the increasing hiring challenges our clients face today.