Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
311 Prestige Park Drive East Hartford, CT 06108
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for a Maintenance Mechanic for a specialty metals client located in East Hartford, CT.
This is a direct hire position with our client.
The pay range for this position is $25-30 per hour, depending on experience plus competitive benefits
Shift Hours: Monday – Friday 7: 00am – 3: 30pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Remove, repair and reassemble machine components, including hydraulic and electro-mechanical
- Use of diagnostic equipment including multimeters and other test instruments
- Repair of production equipment from basic hydraulic equipment to complex CNC machinery
- Performing preventative and predictive maintenance
- Completing projects such as mechanical and electrical repairs and upgrades
- Interpret electrical schematics, understanding technical manuals, and following written instructions
- Maintain accurate records of projects including machine assembly, start-up and installation
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 3-5 years prior experience in a manufacturing setting
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on trouble shooting, maintaining and repairing industrial machines
- Manufacturing Plant Electrician, Forklift operator license
- Experience with Siemens 840D and/or Fanuc Controls and Drives
- Experience completing preventive maintenance on industrial machines and other company equipment
- Knowledge of conventional welding, carpentry and plumbing
- Experience in PLC and/or CNC and test equipment repair procedures
- Solid mechanical aptitude of complex mechanical assemblies including precision measurements
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and express basic electronic, mechanical and hydraulic principles used in electrical and mechanical maintenance work assignments
- An analytical and detail-oriented personality
- Must be capable of working efficiently and effectively at any shift such as days or weekends, including irregular and unscheduled hours, if required for machine breakdown and time sensitive projects
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.