Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Marketing Proposal Writer
29 South Main Street West Hartford, CT 06127
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for a Marketing Proposal Writer for a client located in West Hartford, CT.
This is a direct hire position with our client.
Salary range: $50, 000 - $70, 000 based on experience.
The Marketing Proposal Writer will develop high-quality, client-focused proposals and custom copy to respond to RFPs. The ideal candidate will be organized, have excellent communication skills and highly developed writing skills. Attention to detail and grammatical excellence are essential. This self-motivated individual must be able to grasp business objectives, possess exceptional time management skills and have the ability to work within a fast-paced organization. He or she must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to successfully manage all facets of the proposal process, often under short deadlines, including facilitation, coordination, writing, interfacing with Subject Matter Experts, editing/proofing, production and quality control. We are looking for a flexible individual and a true team-player. Professional service firm background a plus. The position will report to the Director of Marketing.
Primary duties will include coordinating proposal development activities through each stage of the proposal development cycle from lead through final delivery to the prospect, including drafting proposals for new and existing clients, drafting PowerPoint presentations and maintaining baseline content for use in future proposals through PMAPS proposal repository.
Other responsibilities include ensuring quality and consistency of the firm’ s branding in proposals.
- Daily monitoring of various contracting websites and downloading of pertinent
- Reviewing requests for proposals (RFPs) and related documents furnished by the procuring agency; analyzing to understand and capture specific operational, administrative and proposal requirements and be able to convey the proper business perspective, key messages, value propositions and key differentiators against our competition
- Interviewing subject matter expert(s) to determine business and operational approaches to satisfy the requirements of the RFP
- Maintaining compliance and adherence to proposal deadlines and requirements
- Maintaining proposal documentation in CRM
- Organizing/maintaining PMAPS electronic proposal repository and files of all historical and current customer and proposal documentation
- Develop sales presentations in PPT based on proposal content and requirements
- Leading or participating in proposal team meetings and reviews
- Provide quality assurance for editing, publishing and production of all proposal documents and presentations
- Participating in ongoing continuous improvement of the proposal development process and best practices in the field
- Generating firm proposal win email announcements
- Bachelor’ s degree in English, Marketing or related field and 5+ years of direct experience in proposal development, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and strong familiarity with MS Excel, PowerPoint.
- Positive, optimistic, " can-do" attitude with the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Possess demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner under deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Flexible and able to balance the need for direction with self-motivated efforts to meet specified project timelines and effectively report progress, obstacles and issues
- Proven, consistent dedication to excellence and attention to detail
- Understand complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use experience to complement material, design, work flows and procedures
- Write clear, informative and accurate content; edit content for spelling and grammar; read and quickly interpret written information
- Demonstrate excellent communication, multitasking, time management, interpersonal, organization and analytical skills along with great attention to detail
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting an updated resume directly to this posting.
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.