Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Medical Assistant-Clinical Trials
221 Whitney Avenue East Haven, CT 06513
Clinical Trials Medical Research Assistant
Patient Screening and Data entry
Certified Medical Assistant with Physician Practice experience.
About the organization:
Comprehensive research that provides various clinical trial therapies. There are hundreds of clinical trials and research including Phase I clinical trials with several research programs with multiple nearby satellite research clinics.
- Collects patient data for enrolled participants through Electronic Medical Record input to ensure that data is extremely accuracy.
- Coordinates, samples and specimens data to records and scans from external facilities for patient eligibility requirements.
- Ensures that adverse effects to drugs or therapies are accurately graded for severity and grading toxicity criteria.
- Maintains patient calendars, pathology reports, scans, MRIs, tissue samples and interfaces with lab technicians and processing information.
- Review consent forms to ensure accuracy of Human subject studies information
- Communicates with research team on any pharmaceutical safety notifications and study updates pertaining to the trial.
- Reviews patient information for eligibility requirements to become a clinical trial recipient.
- Conducts patient screening to determine eligibility requirements
- Completes additional demographic data, completes registration process and other protocols on their medical history.
- Respond to queries from sponsors on data related issues and works with research nurses to resolve queries.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Or 8 years equivalent health care experience working in a medical practice office using EMR.
- 2 years’ experience research and clinical trials experience-highly preferred
- Prior patient contact experience
- Advanced Computer literacy and using Electronic Medical records software
- Proven high accuracy with inputting data in medical records.
- Pharmacy background will be considered.
- Ideally prior research environment including but not limited to animal research, human research, quality assurance or regulatory affairs.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and privacy HIPAA guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Medical Oncology terminology is highly desirable.
Multiple locations- Hamden, North Haven, Trumbull, CT.
Send resume to Krisha Morander
Director, Healthcare Services & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of clinical recruitment, information technology and clinical trials & research. The blend of clinical informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.