Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
263 Farmington Avenue Farmington, CT 06030 US
Full Time – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – Farmington, CT
Must be Nationally Certified or Registered Full Job Description
J. Morrissey & Co. has a fantastic opportunity available! We are currently seeking experienced certified or registered Medical Assistants for a busy Specialty Practice in Eastern, CT! We are looking for an MA with strong clinical as well as computer skills to fill a contract opportunity with an amazing medical network.
- Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
- Obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results and other information for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Sterilization of medical equipment
- Coordinating the daily administrative activities, including scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance and scheduling.
- Delivering compassionate support, attention, and assistance to patients and families.
- Verify insurance authorization
- Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have completion certification from a medical assistant program
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Must have passed accreditation exam and be a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills required
Schedule & Location Information
- The position is 40 hours a week
- Monday-Thursday 8:00 am – 5:00pm
- Work Location: Farmington, CT
J. Morrissey & Company is the premier healthcare staffing service in Connecticut serving hundreds of medical providers across the state. Get the most out of your job search by partnering with J. Morrissey. Our recruiters have a combined 30+ years of healthcare knowledge and we strive to identify the best career matches for your experience!
Apply today for immediate consideration
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Staffing Manager, Healthcare Staffing Services
Katrina Lazerow is a Staffing Manager with our Healthcare Staffing Services Group. Katrina primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of Healthcare positions, both Clinical and Non-Clinical, across many environments.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Katrina specialized as a National & Strategic Accounts Manager in the manufacturing and logistics industry, where she excelled in high volume recruiting and client development.
Katrina is no stranger to the importance of providing clients with exceptional care and consideration. She prides herself on having the ability to be versatile and is dedicated to sourcing strong and qualified candidates. Katrina is a person who understands how staffing truly works and has the personal touch to match a great employee, with a great job, at a great company.