Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
536 Saybrook Road Middletown, CT 06457 US
Medical Assistant –
Full Time – Middletown and Westbrook, CT
Monday- Friday; 7:30 - 4pm or 8:00 - 4:30
Direct hire opportunity!
Full Job Description
J. Morrissey & Co. has an exciting new opportunity available! We are currently seeking an experienced Medical Assistant for busy Specialty Physician Practice in Middletown. We are looking for an MA with strong clinical skills who is able to perform some clerical responsibilities as needed.
- Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
- Obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results and other information for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Sterilization of medical equipment
- Coordinating the daily administrative activities, including scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance and scheduling.
- Delivering compassionate support, attention, and assistance to patients and families.
- Verify insurance authorization
- Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have completion certification from a medical assistant program
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Strong EMR experience a MUST!
J. Morrissey & Company is the premier healthcare staffing service in Connecticut serving hundreds of medical providers across the state. Get the most out of your job search by partnering with J. Morrissey. Our recruiters have a combined 30+ years of healthcare knowledge and we strive to identify the best career matches for your experience!
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Meet Your Recruiter
Staffing Manager, Healthcare Staffing Services
Madilyn Lawson is a Staffing Manager with our Healthcare Staffing Services Group. Madilyn primarily focuses on Temporary and Temporary to Hire placements of Healthcare positions, both Clinical and Non-Clinical, on the Provider and Payer Communities with a focus on Out-Patient Services.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Madilyn specialized as a Senior Healthcare Recruiter for staffing agency focusing primarily on In-Patient roles within the Acute Care Communities. She excelled in a highly competitive recruiting atmosphere and built client relationships. She is very excited to be joining the J. Morrissey team.