Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
428 Hartford Tpke, Suite 210 Vernon, CT 06066 US
Medical Assistant – TEMP-TO-HIRE!
$19+ Hourly – Based on Experience and Credentials
Full Time – Vernon, CT
Full Job Description
J. Morrissey & Co. has a BRAND NEW opportunity available! We are currently seeking experienced Medical Assistants for a busy primary care practice in a great area centrally located in Vernon, CT! We are looking for an MA with strong clinical skills who is able to work as backup for front desk on an as needed basis. This is a Temp-To-Hire opportunity!
- Obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results and other information for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Coordinating the daily administrative activities, including scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance and scheduling.
- Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
- Delivering compassionate support, attention, and assistance to patients and families.
- Verify insurance authorization
- Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have completion certification from a medical assistant program
- Position requires a minimum of National Certification or Registration (CMA or RMA) – OR – at least 5 years MA experience without certification
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with electronic medical health care record systems.
Schedule & Location Information
- The position is 40 hours a week
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00pm
- Work Location: Vernon, CT occasional travel may be required
- FREE & EASY PARKING
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual Interview Process
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
J. Morrissey & Company is the premier healthcare staffing service in Connecticut serving hundreds of medical providers across the state. Get the most out of your job search by partnering with J. Morrissey. Our recruiters have a combined 30+ years of healthcare knowledge and we strive to identify the best career matches for your experience!
Meet Your Recruiter
Staffing Manager, Healthcare Staffing Services
Abby Rood is a Recruiting Coordinator with our Healthcare Staffing Services Group. Abby primarily focuses on on-boarding candidates who have been hired for Temporary and Temporary to Hire assignments and placements within Healthcare positions, both Clinical and Non-Clinical, within the Provider and Payer Communities as well as Profit and Non-Profit environments.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Abby worked at a Multi- Site Orthopedic Physician Practice, where she developed skills in customer service and administrative duties. She is extremely excited to be joining our group where she can connect with people, continue to learn and grow, and further her Healthcare Administrative experience.
In Abby's spare time, she is the Head of the J. Morrissey fun Committee.