Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
270 Farmington Ave. Suite 102 Farmington, CT 06035
Our longstanding client is seeking a medical biller to perform insurance follow up on a dedicated book of business. This is a temporary to hire position meaning after a period of time you will have the opportunity to convert to become an employee of our client. The role is in a very nice building, easy to get to with free parking.
- Responsible for all posted denials, appeals and aging electronic work ques.
- Previous experience required in claims handling, appeals, and all pertinent rules and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize daily operations based upon dollars and aging reports.
- Understanding of next steps required based upon upstream actions in the claims filing/ handling process.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
The position is full time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
The hourly pay for the position is $18.00 to $19.50.
Staffing Manager, Healthcare Staffing Services
Ally Wachtel is a Staffing Manager with our Healthcare Staffing Services group, and she has been with J. Morrissey for nearly five years. Ally focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire positions. Some of the positions she recruits for are RN’s, LPN’s, Nurse Case Managers, Medical Assistants, Medical Coders, Medical Billers, Insurance Follow Up, Medical Secretaries, Medical Records, Patient Registration, Charge Entry, Payment Posting, Claims, Customer Service and any other position, either clinical or non-clinical, in a healthcare or healthcare insurance environment.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Ally worked for over 20 years in the financial industry as a Life Insurance Underwriter holding an Assistant Vice President title. While there, she was responsible for a number of initiatives including various recruiting efforts across her department.