Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Medical Billing / Collection Specialist
74 Batterson Park Road Suite 107 Farmington, CT 06032 US
Medical Billing / Collections Specialist
Immediate need! Temp to Hire opportunity!
PAY: $22-$24.00 Per Hour
- Responsible for all posted denials, appeals and aging electronic work ques.
- Ability to prioritize your day based upon dollars and aging reports.
- Understanding of next steps and taking actions in the claims filing.
- Review of A/R automated work queue to manage previously submitted and denied medical claims for payment.
- Experience with EOB's, insurance carrier portals, denials, variances, and appeals required.
In office role / NOT REMOTE at this time.
The Office setting is new, easy to access, and with Free onsite parking in Hartford / Farmington location.
At Conversion, there is a robust benefit package offered.
NO Covid vaccination required!
Meet Your Recruiter
Assistant Director, Healthcare Staffing Services
Ally Wachtel is an Assistant Director with our Healthcare Staffing Services group, and she has been with J. Morrissey since 2013. Ally focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire positions. Some of the positions she recruits for are RN’s, LPN’s, Nurse Case Managers, Medical Assistants, Medical Coders, Medical Billers, Insurance Follow Up, Medical Secretaries, Medical Records, Patient Registration, Charge Entry, Payment Posting, Claims, Customer Service, and any other position, either clinical or non-clinical, in a healthcare or healthcare insurance environment.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Ally worked for over 20 years in the financial industry as a Life Insurance Underwriter holding an Assistant Vice President title. While there, she was responsible for a number of initiatives including various recruiting efforts across her department.