Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Medical Claims Processor
628 Hebron Avenue, Suite 502 Glastonbury, CT 06033
POSITION TITLE: Medical Claims Processor /Customer Service
Are you someone who has strong communication skills, multi tasks well and possesses strong attention to detail? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If you have a Medical Claims background, this could be a great job for you.
- Processes or adjust medical insurance claims in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Answers phones and respond to client inquiries related to payments made on their behalf to medical providers.
- Communicates with medical providers and insurance companies.
- Strong understanding of benefits and healthcare terminology.
- Identifies, researches, resolves claim issues, and requests for additional documentation where needed.
- Ensures payment processing timeliness and accuracy are met.
- Processes health insurance premium and medical payments for clients.
- Assists in the client appeals process.
- Creates and updates financial batch records for processing by accounting.
- Medical Coding experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent from 2 year college or Technical school
- 3+ years of work related experience in the Healthcare field
***ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO***
Executive Recruiter, Healthcare Services
Beth Brigham is an Executive Recruiter in our Healthcare Services Division. She brings to us over 18 years of recruiting experience placing various positions at the mid-management to senior executive level. In her previous role, Beth was a Director of HR, and was responsible for building the HR department from the ground up. She managed everything from employee recruitment, employee relations and benefits, payroll, community outreach, and overall personnel support.
Beth’s favorite quote is “Think Globally, Act Locally,” and she does that, not only in the office, but also outside of the office with her volunteerism. Beth is a proud volunteer with Dress for Success Hartford whose mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. She is also involved with the Chrysalis Center, Inc. and the Fern Street Community Kitchen in West Hartford. Beth’s recruiting experience and passion for helping people make her an excellent resource to our clients, candidates and internal employees as well.