Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
680 Main Street Watertown, CT 06795 | Direct Hire
POSITION TITLE: OASIS NURSE, COMMUNITY HEALTH- Southwest and Northwest CT
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- The OASIS Nurse provides skilled nursing care to clients in their home or community health settings ensuring the delivery of outcome based, high quality, cost effective care
- Reviews referrals and initiates contact with client and family
- Conducts a complete nursing assessment based on referral data, client interview, and clinical observation of patient overall health status.
- Develops a care plan based on assessment data, goals, and using proper resources
- Focus on completing the OASIS assessment with accurate scoring of clinical and functional resources
- Provide OASIS time point assessments throughout a patient’ s episode which provides objectivity and consistency
- Participate in daily SBAR report with nurse case coordinator
Education & Training: Graduate of a National League of Nursing accredited program with a diploma or Associate’ s Degree in Nursing; Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
License/Certification: Registered Nurse with a license to practice in the State of Connecticut.
Experience: Medical/Surgical experience or specialty; Med-Surge, or Home Care preferred
- Basic clinical nursing skills
- Experience in physical and psychosocial assessment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with patients, families, physicians and co-workers
- Ability to deal effectively with stress and ability to exercise independent judgment
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Must be available to rotate weekends, holidays, and for after hour coverage, as required, to meet the needs of the Agency and patient care needs
Executive Recruiter, Healthcare Services
Beth Brigham is an Executive Recruiter in our Healthcare Services Division. She brings to us over 18 years of recruiting experience placing various positions at the mid-management to senior executive level. In her previous role, Beth was a Director of HR, and was responsible for building the HR department from the ground up. She managed everything from employee recruitment, employee relations and benefits, payroll, community outreach, and overall personnel support.
Beth’s favorite quote is “Think Globally, Act Locally,” and she does that, not only in the office, but also outside of the office with her volunteerism. Beth is a proud volunteer with Dress for Success Hartford whose mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. She is also involved with the Chrysalis Center, Inc. and the Fern Street Community Kitchen in West Hartford. Beth’s recruiting experience and passion for helping people make her an excellent resource to our clients, candidates and internal employees as well.