Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Hartford, CT 061069 US
Our client is a reputable non-profit that has been serving the local Hartford community for over 30 years. They are looking to bring on an Office Manager on a full-time temporary basis that could lead to a permanent role in a few months. In this role, you will be managing all aspects of the office while serving its local members of the community.
- Payroll - enter hours and pay; process payroll on a bi-weekly basis using Checkwriters software
- Light HR responsibilities such as coordinating hiring, onboarding, and benefits
- Phones, filing, data entry, update lists (board member lists, staff phone lists, annual holiday lists)
- Weekly bank deposit
- Accounts payable - Preparation of invoices, collecting receipts to back up invoices from staff, interface with outsourced Finance Dept.
- Liaising with vendors (CPA firms, IT, pest control, laundry, food service supply)
- Collaboration with facility staff on cleaning, repairs, updates, fire drills
- Securing annual certificates – fire marshal, charity, health department, staff CPR certification
- Ordering supplies
- Possible data entry for donor database
- 5+ years of Office Management experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- 2+ years in payroll
- Must have very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong customer service skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.