Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
11 Cascade Blvd Milford, CT 06460
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for an Operations Manager for a manufacturing client in Milford, CT.
This is a direct hire position with our client.
We are looking for an experienced professional with demonstrated abilities to increase production efficiency, expand manufacturing capacity and improve product quality.
Main Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct process audits to determine opportunities for advancements
- Collaborate with senior staff to review and implement priority action list for improvements
- Utilizing 6 sigma metrics to improve OTD, asset utilization and DPPM.
- Determine process adjustments, develop implementation plan, and manage action process
- Manage production floor staff
- Determine feasible cost reduction opportunities
Candidates must have experience in each of the following areas:
- Production Management: MRP, Plant Safety, Lead-time reduction, Process improvements, Budgeting, and Capex ROI
- Quality Management: ISO 9001: 2015 and IATF 16949
- Supply Chain Management: strategic sourcing and vendor development
- Inventory Management: DIO, Cycle counting, and Flow optimization
- Logistics: Shipping and Receiving
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- MUST have experience with ISO 9001: 2015 or IATF 16949 standards
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering or business
- Proficiency with ERP and SAP systems
- Experience with IQMS, Crystal Reports and Power BI a plus
- Lean Manufacturing Six Sigma Certification
- Experience managing personnel
- Strong verbal, written, computer, reporting, presentation, and collaboration skills
This important role requires a practical, technical individual who is comfortable spending most of their time on the shop floor is analyzing the current state then executing their plan to quickly deliver sustainable, step-change improvements in efficiency, capacity and quality.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.