Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
POSITION TITLE: Payroll Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is looking for a strong motivated payroll expert with knowledge of all phases of payroll processing. The ideal candidate will have experience processing payroll in multiple states.
- Process payroll for all exempt and non-exempt employees
- Work closely with Financial team on a weekly basis
- Coordinates the benefit programs and works closely with the outside vendors
- Strong understanding of payroll process in relation to tax laws in multiple states
- Experience with audits, year-end processing and upgrades to Payroll system
- Work with Senior management to obtain documentation for staff pay
- Collaborate with Managers regarding documentation for their direct reports
- Work closely with the HR team.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Certified payroll professional designation
- 4+ years of experience in payroll processing
- Proficient in multi-state payroll processing and Microsoft Suite
- Strong understanding of entire payroll process
- Great communication skills
- ADP Workforce experience
***ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO***
Executive Recruiter, Healthcare Services
Beth Brigham is an Executive Recruiter in our Healthcare Services Division. She brings to us over 18 years of recruiting experience placing various positions at the mid-management to senior executive level. In her previous role, Beth was a Director of HR, and was responsible for building the HR department from the ground up. She managed everything from employee recruitment, employee relations and benefits, payroll, community outreach, and overall personnel support.
Beth’s favorite quote is “Think Globally, Act Locally,” and she does that, not only in the office, but also outside of the office with her volunteerism. Beth is a proud volunteer with Dress for Success Hartford whose mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. She is also involved with the Chrysalis Center, Inc. and the Fern Street Community Kitchen in West Hartford. Beth’s recruiting experience and passion for helping people make her an excellent resource to our clients, candidates and internal employees as well.