Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Education Development Coordinator-Pharmacy
114 Woodland Street Central connecticut, CT 06105-1208
Pharmacy Program Development
- Coordinates education and training programs designed to develop the clinical skills of the pharmacy department staff and ensure the competency of the pharmacists involved in clinical pharmacy services.
- Provides professional development for student pharmacist experiential education programs, (Pharmacy Internship Program, Residency Track, and serving as a liaison through frequent interfacing with the partnering Universities.
- Development of programs designed to advance and strengthen pharmacy practice
- Formulary Management: Reviews and evaluates policies and procedures for the procuring, dispensing, administering and appropriate utilization of medications.
- Develops quality assurance programs, including drug utilization reviews; clinical intervention and clinical outcome assessments, to maintain optimal clinical pharmacy services and identify opportunities for growth.
- Initiates and implements new pharmacy programs, quality improvement changes, and medication stewardship programs to advance the organization' s medication-use systems and promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes, and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees.
- Establishes productive, collaborative relationships with medical center staff members, other hospital departments and strategic business unit leaders to promote cooperation and efficiency in providing patient' s pharmacy care needs.
- Provides departmental and institutional leadership for medical staff committees/meetings, hospital groups/task forces, and approved external programs/organizations.
- Provide community service presentations
- Pharmacy Education: Pharm D
- CT. Licensed Pharmacist
- 10 years experience in Program development
- 5 years Acute Care Inpatient setting
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to utilize creativity in developing projects and programs for different learning and communication styles
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to regularly document and report meaningful data, as a method to quality assurance and continual improvement
- Ability to transfer learned principles and ideas from relevant literature and outside programs to current and / or future internal programs
- Ability to coach and motivate others into accomplishing a task
- Ability to provide effective feedback
- Ability to build rapport with others
- Attention to detail
- Ability to write detailed policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements
- Clinical skills to maintain an advanced clinical practiced
Contact: Krisha Morander- KrishaM@JMorrissey.com
Director, Healthcare Services & Healthcare IT
Krisha Morander, a Certified Personnel Consultant, (CPC), has over 25 years of experience in the healthcare staffing industry. She also has corporate HR Recruitment, homecare, mental health and academia background to compliment her overall knowledge of hiring talent. Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
She places all levels of healthcare professionals within a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations across Connecticut and Massachusetts including hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, pharmaceutical organizations, mental health, government facilities, and long term care and rehab facilities.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of clinical recruitment, information technology and clinical trials & research. The blend of clinical informatics, statistics and analysis are an integrated part of measuring outcomes and data to measure surveys and scores. Krisha continues to stay connected with this evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.