Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Project Manager - Residential AV Systems
Stamford, CT 06831 US
We have an exciting Project Manager role available with a top residential AV company here in CT. Our client offers a wide range of integrated and automated home technologies geared to high-end residential clientele. In this role you will be orchestrating AV installation and upgrade projects while offering guidance to the technical team. If you are looking for a positive work environment with boots on the ground leadership, this is the opportunity for you.
- Company HQ located in the Fairfield CT area
- Client sites in Fairfield County, Westchester County, Greater NYC area
- Travel to and from client sites from home (company vehicle provided)
- Salary range 90-115K with a strong benefits package
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the installation, programming, and testing of various integrated residential AV systems including Lutron lighting, shading systems, video/home theater, and WiFi
- Manage schedules of multiple technical teams, assign daily tasks, and delegate supervision to lead technicians when needed
- Complete daily documentation of progress and punch list creation for each ongoing project
- Coordinate project and communicate with clients, builders, contractors, architects, and designers daily
- Offer guidance and support to technicians in the field
- Analyze blueprints and follow the documented design plans
- Operate in accordance with company proposals, floor plans, equipment, wiring and lighting plans, load schedules, rack and console elevations and other design formats
- Create test plans and systems to ensure high quality of service and ensure company operating standards are being followed by all teams
- High school diploma required, technical school/college degree preferred
- Industry training certifications highly desired
- 5+ years of experience managing residential and commercial AV/control system projects
- 10+ years of experience installing residential AV, home theater, integrated systems, WiFi networks, and CCTV systems
- Experience with the programming and configuration of Savant, Lutron, Creston, Control 4, Clear One, Polycom, RTI, WiFi networking, PC, Mac OS, and Apple Mobile devices
- Ability to operate a company vehicle to travel to and from job sites, negotiate workspaces, operate ladders and power tools, lift/move heavy objects, and push/pull wire
- Strong ability to lead and motivate a team, delegate tasks, organize work force, complete projects within deadlines, and provide direct supervision
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Please send resumes to Chrisg@jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Chris Gamber, III
Manager, Information Technology Services
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.