Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Project Manager 5
1295 State St Springfield, MA 01111
Experience with derivatives and/or investment projects is a plus. In addition to demonstrating solid business project management skills, the project manager must have a strong desire to learn about investments and must be able to understand the needs of the stakeholders to ensure that solutions are aligned to the business needs. This individual will be driving projects through the project life cycle and working with other project managers in PMOfI to help define and reinforce investment management project standards.
High level responsibilities*
- Accountable to the Product Owner for the execution of agile scrum teams in meeting the stated deliverables of each sprint
- Understand, apply, promote and contribute to Agile delivery methodologies, standards and tools
- Maintain a matrix reporting relationship with the business sponsor of the program/project and the program manager
- Responsible for developing and maintaining project plan, project budget and project communication tools
- Identify and drive key stakeholder involvement and work with them to elicit scope
- Accountable for meeting all business requirements from development through implementation
- Secure and maintain project resources from a business and technical scope
- Identify, document, assign, track and facilitate project issues through resolution
- Accountable for identifying and resolving possible risks and developing/monitoring risk plans
- Confirm achievement of objectives, verify and document project results to formalize acceptance of the product at each phase gate of the project by the sponsor
- Facilitate lessons learned and retain information in a central location for future use
- Partner with outside experts and internal stakeholders to manage requirement planning
- Perform analysis of business process, procedures, data and rules to help identify programs/projects
- Help or facilitate process improvement
- Anticipates change and directs or re-directs efforts
- Drives the highest level phases of the project management lifecycle, while considering the business implications of the project to the current and future business environment
- Comfortable managing cross functional teams in a business/IT setting for both Waterfall and Agile/SCRUM projects. Experience with JIRA is a plus
- Works with guidance on more complex projects
- Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have medium to long-term focus
- Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
- Demonstrated ability to partner with investment/business personnel to advance projects
- Experience working with Investment-focused projects, preferred
- Working knowledge of investment domain, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and drive business and systems experts
- Demonstrated ability to understand how tasks and milestones collaborate and connect together across related projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Candidates must combine an attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using verbal and written methods to all levels of an organization
- Proficient with standard documentation tools (Visio, Excel, Word)
- Individual has at least 5 - 7 years of related experience
Account Manager, Springfield Office
Melissa Cartier is an Account Manager in our J. Morrissey Springfield Office. Melissa has been with J.Morrissey for over 3 years and brings to us several years of career services and counseling experience. Melissa works with large and small companies in the Springfield area, and is responsible for managing new and current clients as well as recruiting and onboarding temporary candidates for temporary positions.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Melissa was the Director of Career Services at Premier Education Group where she performed various career development functions and achieved company benchmark placement rates. Melissa started her career as a Certified Medical Assistant, which has provided her with valuable insights into the healthcare industry and has helped her form strong connections with her clients and candidates.
In addition to her passion for recruiting and building relationships, Melissa volunteers her time public speaking in schools where she delivers presentations on career development and growth. Melissa also belongs to the Chicopee Chamber of Commerce. Her industry knowledge, commitment to quality service, and enthusiasm for people make her an invaluable member of the J. Morrissey team.