Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
340 State St Ludlow, MA 01056
Our client is in search of a new Purchasing Manager for their printing company. The product line also works with various metals which is a major focus of the materials line.
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Research new materials and products as required.
- Maintain optimum inventory and verify stock levels.
- Research and qualify potential new suppliers.
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
- Negotiate contract terms of agreements and pricing.
- Prepare purchase orders and purchase items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring, tracking and expediting orders (including specification verification etc.).
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments errors, rejections etc. with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information and research accessible by sorting and filing documents in a common location accessible to management.
- Provide purchase planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends...including market forecasting for key commodities (steel, aluminum, other various metals, adhesives and materials).
- Prepare reports on purchases, budgets; including cost analysis, market research and cost reduction opportunities.
- Knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
- Understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Exemplary analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Supply Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting, Control Engineering, Good knowledge of market research, Steel and Aluminum Stock Market Analysis experience preferred).
Branch Manager, Springfield Office
Derek Carroll has been working in healthcare staffing and recruiting for over 20 years, and has been with J.Morrissey since 2012. Prior to coming to J.Morrissey, Derek ran a private duty homecare company matching caregivers to families, and a staffing agency providing healthcare workers to a variety of settings such as long term care, hospitals, corrections, occupational health, behavioral health and more.
As the Branch Manager for J.Morrissey’s Springfield office, Derek continues to staff clinical and non-clinical personnel in those types of healthcare settings, in addition to roles in insurance, finance, commercial and other industries. Derek is also responsible for the daily operations of the branch and its staff, as well as collaborating extensively with the other divisions.
Derek is active in the Pioneer Valley community with serving on the Business Advisory Council for the Mass Rehab Commission and the Allied Health Collaborative through the Regional Employment Board. He also participates with several career services agencies, as well as social services agencies in the region such as Wayfinders and Viability Inc.
Derek received a Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts from Northeastern University in Boston, with concentrations in Philosophy and Psychology.