Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
RN CLINICAL MANAGER
Hartford County, CT
POSITION TITLE: RN CLINICAL MANAGER
RN Clinical Manager for a not-for-profit, family owned Homecare Agency serving the Greater Hartford Community for 25+ years. The Agency embraces high standards and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Inc. The Agency offers competitive wages and benefits in a professional and supportive environment.
The Clinical Manager supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the agency' s policies and procedures, and applicable laws.
This Clinical manager has primary authority and responsibility for maintaining the quality of clinical services through planning, organizing, and evaluating the delivery of home health care services provided by our Primary Care Nurses.
- Current and active CT Registered Nurse License in good standing
- Valid driver' s license in good standing
- 3 years of nursing experience (at least two years in home health care)
- 1 year experience of supervising nurses
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Experience with accreditation a plus (ACHC Standards)
- Working knowledge of State, Medicaid, and Medicare regulations
- A master’ s degree from a program approved by the National League for Nursing or the American Public Health Association with a minimum of one year full-time clinical experience; -OR-
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing and a minimum of three years of full-time clinical experience in nursing (at least one of which was in a home health agency or community health program); -OR-
- A diploma or associates degree in Nursing and:
- (1)a minimum of three years full-time or full-time equivalent clinical experience in nursing within the past five years, AND
- (2) evidence of a certification by the American Nurses' Association as a community health nurse or completion of at least six credits received within two years in community health nursing theory or six credits in health care management from an accredited college or university program or school of nursing.
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of quality patient care by serving as the direct supervisor for a team of nurses.
- Works with scheduling to ensure appropriate patient coverage by qualified professional nurses. Coordinates services with the patient, family, and other involved in the care plan.
- Assures that all plans of care are accurate and timely.
- Provide guidance, support, and oversight to nursing staff regarding case management activities to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Evaluate clinical competence of assigned nursing staff.
Connie Merritt, CPC
Senior Executive Recruiter, Healthcare Services
Connie Merritt, a Senior Executive Recruiter in our Healthcare Services Group, has been placing J.Morrissey candidates across Connecticut and Western Massachusetts for nearly 20 years bringing previous recruiting experience with her. She is responsible for the direct hire placement of clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals in a wide variety of environments.
Connie began her career as a Certified Laboratory Technician in acute care, private, and insurance environments. Her professional experience also includes twenty years in Retail Management, Sales, Corporate Training and Business Ownership.
She is a graduate of the Dale Carnegie Course in Public Speaking. She is currently a Senior Executive Healthcare Recruiter, a Certified Personnel Consultant and member of the National Association of Personnel Consultants and the Connecticut Association of Personnel Consultants. She has been a member of the Connecticut Women in Health Care Management, Inc. Association and served as Membership Chair from 2002 - 2010.
Connie believes that “a person does not care how much you know until they know how much you care”. This belief has led Connie to years of continual success with her unwavering commitment servicing the needs of clients and candidates, thus yielding successful placement of career driven individuals and fulfilling the increasing hiring challenges our clients face today.