Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
RN-Oncology Clinical Trials M-F
Waterbury, CT 06701 US
Clinic Locations Available: Hartford, Waterbury, New Haven
- Conduct patient assessment to ensure for meeting eligibility for a specific study related to a specific oncology disease
- Accurately documents data and clinical documentation to meet quality standards and regulatory requirements working with the Pharmaceutical vendor.
- Practices the day to day efficiency of the recruitment and assessment of the study and to ensure that staff members perform activities within established research protocol.
- Coordinates patient enrollment, and determines patient eligibility
- Obtains informed consent.
- Conducts clinical research on study and hospital subjects by providing nursing services and education to patients and families in compliance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Provide direct clinical services to patients undergoing treatment studies
- Administers appropriate medications according to care plan
- Ensures regulatory compliance by maintaining clinical and nursing records to meet needs of all protocol
- Work collaboratively with research support staff, clinical investigators and administration
- Adapts to flexibility in regards to protocol amendmenments on scheduled treatments
- Resource for assigned studies and provides protocol training to all staff involved in study activities
- May partcipate in grant writing/submissions
- May act as Clinical supervisor within research clinic as needed
- Acts as a Preceptor for newly hired staff including Nurses and mentors coordinators including orientation
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 3 years related experience in Oncology or clinical research or working with specific or rare diseases
- Chemotherapy treatment experience is Preferred
- Ability to review and approve accurate data and documentation to ensure compliance with individual research protocols and ensure timely
- Proven ability to develop and participate in the delivery of training new protocols including creating of training materials, nursing in-service presentations and others as required by specific protocols.
- Ability to assess protocols for feasibility and determine complexity, identify risks, logistics and challenges
- Manage the prioritization of approval for drug orders and lab order
- Must be able to work independently with high proficiency with EMR Clinical Documentation and adhere to strict policy, FDA Guidelines.
- Strong understanding of major disease-related symptom management, adverse reactions, pharmaceutical drug therapy, treatment-related side effect management.
Three openings available in these locations: Hartford, Waterbury, New Haven
M-F 8-5-No Weekends or Holidays- May have one work remote day for logging and documentation.
Attention Krisha Morander, VP Recruitment | KrishaM@Jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Krisha Morander, CPC
Vice President, Healthcare & Information Technology
Krisha joined J Morrissey in 2004 placing healthcare professionals in clinical and non-clinical roles on a direct hire basis. She is a hands-on Recruiter who specializes in Clinical Informatics and Traditional Information Technology recruitment both in direct hire and contract placements.
Krisha also complements her searches in the areas of nursing, psych, and clinical trials & research, Billing, Data Analyst, Mid to Director Level and C Level. She continues to stay connected with the evolving and complex industry through her membership with the New England Chapter of Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
She formerly was an Admissions Officer, assisting students for entrance to The Univ of Saint Joseph's School of Pharmacy and was a Lead Staffing Coordinator for New England Home care and Health Resources earlier in her career.
Krisha has been continually recognized within our agency for achieving record-high placement activity.
Krisha majored in marketing with a concentration in Human Resources. Krisha’s industry knowledge, communication skills and passion for recruiting make her an invaluable recruiter here at J. Morrissey.