Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
RN SUPERVISOR, ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES
One Abrahms Boulevard West Hartford, CT 06117
POSITION TITLE: RN SUPERVISOR, ASSISTED LIVING
The RN Supervisor of Assisted Living is responsible for managing the Quality of clinical programs of the Assisted Living Services Agency. This position supervises the RN Case Managers and additional ALSA staff on site. The RN Supervisor assists with the implementation of policies and procedures, consults with the Executive Director and the Residential Community Services Coordinator, provides written and verbal reports and assures compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Coordinates and manages all caregiver services rendered to clients
- Coordinates and delegates client referrals
- Participates in program planning, budgeting and evaluating activities related to the clinical services provided
- Participates in the QI program under the direction of the Executive Director
- Provides weekly and monthly reports regarding statistical information and summarizes reports for the governing authority
- Monitors clinical record documentation by staff
- Recommends necessary changes of the ALSA program to the Executive Director
- Demonstrates an ability to meet established standards and understands the relationship between productivity and cost effectiveness
- Demonstrates a talent for having new ideas, for finding new and improved ways for accomplishing responsibilities and for being imaginative in recommending solutions
- Demonstrates an ability to perform duties in an organized, efficient manner, according to priority
- Promotes ideas convincingly; encourages participation; utilizes a reasonable, equitable, even handed, and collegial approach in delegating responsibility; recognizes contributions by others
- Writes documents and verbally communicates in a clear, concise and effective format
- Plans and submits annual budget; accurately forecasts and maintains budgetary projections; controls operating costs by effectively utilizing staff, materials and equipment; monitors expenditures; demonstrates ability to meet established standards and understands the relationship between productivity and cost effectiveness
- Assigns appropriate responsibility/authority to subordinates; responsibly delegates work; follows through to see that assignments are accomplished and desired results are obtained
- Participates in the RN on call rotation, which includes beeper responsibilities & completing both scheduled & nonscheduled visits
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing
- A minimum of two (2) years full time clinical experience in nursing OR
- At least one (1) year in a home health agency or community health program that included care of the sick at home; OR
- A diploma or associate' s degree in nursing AND
- At least four (4) years full time clinical experience in nursing within the past ten (10) years, AND
- At least one (1) year in a home health care agency or community health program that included care of the sick at home
- Current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of Connecticut
Connie Merritt, CPC
Senior Executive Recruiter, Healthcare Services
Connie Merritt, a Senior Executive Recruiter in our Healthcare Services Group, has been placing J.Morrissey candidates across Connecticut and Western Massachusetts for nearly 20 years bringing previous recruiting experience with her. She is responsible for the direct hire placement of clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals in a wide variety of environments.
Connie began her career as a Certified Laboratory Technician in acute care, private, and insurance environments. Her professional experience also includes twenty years in Retail Management, Sales, Corporate Training and Business Ownership.
She is a graduate of the Dale Carnegie Course in Public Speaking. She is currently a Senior Executive Healthcare Recruiter, a Certified Personnel Consultant and member of the National Association of Personnel Consultants and the Connecticut Association of Personnel Consultants. She has been a member of the Connecticut Women in Health Care Management, Inc. Association and served as Membership Chair from 2002 - 2010.
Connie believes that “a person does not care how much you know until they know how much you care”. This belief has led Connie to years of continual success with her unwavering commitment servicing the needs of clients and candidates, thus yielding successful placement of career driven individuals and fulfilling the increasing hiring challenges our clients face today.