Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
50 Rockwell Rd Newington, CT 06111
J. Morrissey is currently hiring for a Recruiter for a nonprofit client located in Newington, CT.
This is a temp to hire opportunity, for the right candidate.
The pay range for this position is $20-22 per hour, depending on experience.
Hours for this position:
8am – 4pm: 3 days/week
10am – 6pm: 2 days/week
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Post all positions internally and distribute to Program Managers; ensure positions are listed in HRIS system and posted in appropriate areas.
- Track, update statuses, take detailed notes and file all applications within the HRIS, as necessary; log applications within the HRIS, when appropriate.
- Review all applications, schedule and conduct all initial screening interviews.
- Follow the recruitment process set in place by the talent acquisition coordinator and the assistant director of human resources.
- After verified completion on training, release newly hired employees to work based on program standards.
- Write all employment advertising, and place ads with internet, university or advertising based companies.
- Ensure that all pertinent hiring forms are up to date and meet legal guidelines.
- Schedule all training for newly hired employees; communicate that information to all appropriate parties.
- Schedule new hire appointments with the talent acquisition specialist admin and ensure that all necessary forms for employment are reviewed and completed.
- Write letters to applicants, as necessary.
- Conduct open houses.
- Report metrics on new hires, interviews, and applications to the Assistant Director of Human Resources on a weekly basis.
- Perform all other duties as delegated by the Assistant Director of Human Resources.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Associates degree and at least 1 year of personnel/human resources recruiting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, and strong keyboard skills
- Emphasis on customer service and satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and manage several responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through
- Previous experience in a nonprofit or social work setting a plus
- Previous experience hiring within a medical field a plus
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.