Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Hartford, CT 06103
We are actively seeking a Regional Accountant.
Position Profile: The successful candidate will not only possess the technical know-how but will also possess the right mindset and mentality. Meaning, they are someone that is passionate; someone that comes into work every day with an intent and purpose. They are someone that lifts others up around them and genuinely wants them to succeed.
Technically speaking, the successful candidate will be able to perform a range of accounting tasks and responsibilities. For example:
- Monthly accounting and reporting for a portfolio of individual managed locations within an assigned region
- Perform required month-end close activities for each location, including accurate preparation and recording of all journal entries.
- Reconcile and record activity from daily cash reports, credit card activity reports, and bank statements. Complete individual location bank reconciliations using auto matching application.
- Reconcile all location Balance Sheets and related asset, liability and equity accounts. Prepare analysis and lead sheets, when appropriate.
- Compile and prepare comprehensive monthly financial report packages and submit timely to the field for review and approval.
- Meet monthly financial report submission deadlines to GM and client in line with management agreement and client expectations.
- Calculate, prepare, and file all applicable tax returns, including property, parking, and sales and use taxes.
- Prepare and process funding and wiring requirements, including distributions, taxes, and inter-company settlements.
- Communicate and interact with regional and facility personnel working in the field
Requirements: In terms of requirements, this person must have at least a bachelor’ s in Accounting. Additionally, this person will have had 3-5, if not more, years of experience in General Accounting of Finance with application of GAAP. Public accounting experience is a plus. Other requirements are, but limited to:
- Experience and proven ability in demonstrating analytical, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and effectively interface and communicate both through written and verbal means
- Excellent computer skills, including high and proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook)
- Experience with multiple location responsibilities and meeting reporting deadlines is a MUST
- Commercial Property Management accounting and client facing reporting experience a plus
Summary: If you feel that you meet all of the technical requirements AND you want to be a part of a truly people-first, large and growing organization, then we want to hear from you! Submit your resume and application to get started.
Meet Your Recruiter
Erik Morrissey, CPA
Vice President, Accounting & Financial Services
Erik J. Morrissey, CPA, leads our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on direct hire placements across all industries. Erik is responsible for representing top talented accounting and finance professionals at all levels of their careers.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Erik was an Experienced Audit Senior with CohnReznick LLP and worked with clients in manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, professional services, educational, and not-for-profit. As lead auditor on his engagements, he was able to learn various management styles and organizational structures which allows him to better understand the true needs of his clients as a recruiter. His knowledge of the accounting industry enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates to ensure the right fit for both parties.
Erik is actively involved in the Cherish the Children Foundation; serves on the Board of the Windsor Chamber of Commerce as Vice President – Community Relations; serves on the CTCPA Golf Tournament Interest Group and the CTCPA Future Professional Accountant Committee; Serves on the Bushnell Young Professionals Advisory Group and on the Post University Accounting Advisory Board.
Erik is also a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce and Glastonbury Hills Country Club.
Erik obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Bryant University in Smithfield, Rhode Island. He also has his Master’s Degree in Accounting from Post University and is a Certified Public Accountant.