Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Registered Nurse - Neuro-Traumatic Brain Injury Unit-STATE of CT. STATE Benefits & Pension
= , Page Hall, Third Floor P.O. Box 351 Central, CT US
- Manages patients with both cognitive and physical impairments, including behavioral and agitation management.
- You will be offered a position with the State of CT. at one of the facilities that offers inpatient stays for Medicaid population and transition those with Neuro Behavioror complex Injuries
- This dysfunction of the central nervous system is acquired through the interaction of any external force and the body including blows to the head and violent movements of the body (Traumatic Brain Injury); as well as through oxygen deprivation; infection; toxicity; surgery; and vascular disorders not associated with aging
- The Registered Nurse performs Nursing assessment is completed accurately and timely in accordance with practice standards
Plan of care is developed and implemented that reflects the needs and goals of the patient
Nursing care is provided, evaluated, and modified to achieve goals and objectives
The Registered Nurse will ensure patient care documentation is completed per established standards
The Registered Nurse will ensure medications are administered safely and according to professional standards of practice and nursing policies and procedures
Doctors’ orders are transcribed and orders are carried out as directed
Nursing care activities are coordinated in collaboration with other care team members to facilitate achievement of patient goals
Patient education needs are assessed, and education provided related to the disease process, underlying disability, medication, and preparation for discharge to help patients and families develop self-care skills necessary to move toward wellness
- 40 Hour work week (Preferred shifts are available 7-3:3-/3-11:30 or 11p-7:30a with every other weekend.
- Most floors are 1:15 ratio
- Training includes shadowing and ongoing professional development
- Reports to a Corporate RN who is involved and hands-on.
- Daily responsibilities include direct patient care to individuals struggling with substance abuse and addiction. They assist physicians in developing treatment plans, perform patient assessments, monitor a patient's progress and administer medications and pain management services
- May address family issues while promoting coping skills.
- Assess patient conditions, implements treatment plans, educates patients on their conditions, providing emotional support, administering medication, and documenting
- Arranges further medical attention when necessary. Assists the client in understanding the nature of emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients
- If you are looking for a rewarding career or a change in career, you will possess good knowledge of Neuro/ mental health problems and how to apply it in practice.
- Makes decisions in routine cases; collaborates with staff and family members regarding treatments, nursing plans and related individual care issues directed towards an awareness and understanding of cognitive health issues
EXCELLENT CT. State Benefits –with pension payment plan for early retirement. Huge growth potential with a comprehensive Base Salary Range: $75,000-$100,000 (depending on experience)-Annual review reviews with compensation increases.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut with an unrestricted License
- 2 years Medical Surgical, Neuro, ICU, SNF or other nursing skills that can cross over into a acquired or traumatic brain injury
- Ability to apply quality standards, procedures and protocols; knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic difference
- Medical Records documentation?
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Certification: BLS certification
- To schedule an exploratory conversation to learn more:
- Krisha Morander, VP of Recruitment-860-640-6722 or Email: Or Send resume direct to for a fast response:
Meet Your Recruiter
Krisha Morander, CPC
Vice President, Healthcare & Information Technology
Krisha's journey in the professional world has been nothing short of remarkable. Starting her career after completing her college education, she ventured into the realms of Commercial Art and Marketing, honing her creative and strategic skills. However, her path took a significant turn as she discovered her calling in the field of Recruitment.
Growing up in a close-knit, caring family where everyone played a vital role in supporting each other, including the care of elderly parents, Krisha's deep-rooted passion for healthcare began to flourish. She redirected her focus towards assisting job seekers in finding meaningful careers in healthcare that could make a genuine difference in the lives of others.
With an impressive 31-year career in the Staffing Industry, Krisha's expertise spans various domains. Initially, she dedicated herself to agency firm work, with a primary focus on healthcare and marketing communications. Her journey took a pivotal turn in 2004 when she joined J Morrissey. Here, she embraced Direct Hire Healthcare recruitment as her specialization.
In 2010, Krisha's entrepreneurial spirit led her to create the Information Technology division within the organization. Her dedication and exceptional performance in this role earned her the prestigious title of Vice President. She continues to pursue her passion for recruiting top-tier talent and nurturing new client relationships. Krisha also takes an active role in training and mentoring new staff, instilling in them the best practices and the art of meaningful interviewing.
Krisha's Direct Hire Recruitment Specialties encompass both Healthcare, spanning clinical and non-clinical roles, and Information Technology, from junior-level positions to the highest echelons of C-Suite leadership.
Outside of her illustrious career, Krisha finds solace and inspiration in the world of watercolor painting. Her creative spirit knows no bounds.
In her personal life, Krisha shares a blissful marriage of 36 years, a testament to her commitment and enduring love. Together with her loving partner, she is proud to be the parent of two wonderful children, completing her fulfilling life journey.