Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
203 East Street East Hampton, MA 01027 US
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete routine health assessments of youth per contractual regulations; provide individual health education to clients as needed.
- Ensure and oversee the proper ordering and checking in meds in the residential programs.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with MAP procedures and regulations.
- Provide both Agency and Residential Services trainings to staff and clients, including but not limited to ensuring staff are trained in MAP, CPR/First Aid, Universal Precautions on Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Administer medications to clients as needed.
- Communicate with staff of parents/guardians and providers regarding health concerns of clients and complete necessary paperwork.
- Complete necessary documentation for client records as needed (e.g. nursing notes, nursing assessments, etc.)
- Supervision of LPN.
- Participate in weekly residential leadership team meetings.
- Attend (when needed) psychiatric appointments for consumers who are seen by psychiatrist; maintain the psychiatric appointment schedule and client medication list and update as needed.
- Facilitate prescription refills and assist in medication questions and concerns through patient portal or direct contact as needed.
- Assist with administrative duties related to the outpatient clinic. (e.g. Including but not limited to: consents, Roger’s orders, chart documentation, processing billing notes, etc.)
- Attend specific service area meetings.
- Continue to maintain and develop own professional competency.
- Carry the nursing on call phone and field any nursing calls from the programs.
- Review and update any medical policies and procedures as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 years of residential or psychiatric experience.
- Registered Nurse Licensure required in Massachusetts.
- Successful completion and maintain certification as a MAP RN and MAP Nurse Monitor.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with children experiencing trauma and behavioral challenges while respecting appropriate individual and professional boundaries;
- Knowledgeable about trauma and informed care and general development stages of children and teens;
- Familiar with federal, state, regulatory and best practice recommendations with respect to de-escalation and restraint alternatives as well as humane restraint techniques.
- Approved CORI, DCF, and driving checks background required
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Staffing Services, Healthcare and Office Services, Springfield Office
Melissa is based in our West Springfield location and has been with J. Morrissey for over 8 years. With 18 years in the industry, including career services and counseling experience, Melissa is a specialist in both Healthcare and Office Services - working with large and small companies in the Western Mass area.
Melissa started her career as a Certified Medical Assistant, which provided her with valuable insights into the Healthcare Industry, helping to form strong connections with clients and candidates. Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Melissa was the Director of Career Services at Premier Education Group, where she performed various career development functions and achieved company benchmark placement rates.
Melissa has 3 beautiful Golden Retrievers, Callah, Cooper and Miracle. She enjoys spending time at the beach, cruising and watching amazing sunsets whenever she can.