Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
203 East Street East Hampton, MA 01027
- Complete routine health assessments of youth who are admitted into Residential Services; provide individual health education to clients as needed.
- Ensure and oversee the proper ordering and checking in meds in the programs.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with MAP procedures and regulations.
- Administer Medications to clients as needed.
- Communicate with staff of parents/guardians and providers regarding health concerns of clients and complete necessary paperwork.
- Provide both Agency and Residential Services trainings to staff and clients, including but not limited to ensuring staff are trained in MAP.
- Complete necessary documentation for client records as needed (e.g. nursing notes, ITP notes, etc.)
- Participate in weekly leadership team meetings.
- Attend specific service area meetings.
- Continue to maintain and develop own professional competency.
- Carry the nursing on call phone and field any nursing calls from the programs.
- Review and update any medical policies and procedures as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum 5 years of residential or psychiatric experience.
• Registered Nurse Licensure required in Massachusetts.
• Successful completion and maintain certification as a MAP RN and MAP Nurse Monitor.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with children experiencing trauma and behavioral challenges while respecting appropriate individual and professional boundaries;
• Knowledgeable about trauma and informed care and general development stages of children and teens;
• Familiar with federal, state, regulatory and best practice recommendations with respect to de-escalation and restraint alternatives as well as humane restraint techniques.
• Approved CORI, DCF, and driving checks background required
Account Manager, Springfield Office
Melissa Cartier is an Account Manager in our J. Morrissey Springfield Office. Melissa has been with J.Morrissey for over 3 years and brings to us several years of career services and counseling experience. Melissa works with large and small companies in the Springfield area, and is responsible for managing new and current clients as well as recruiting and onboarding temporary candidates for temporary positions.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Melissa was the Director of Career Services at Premier Education Group where she performed various career development functions and achieved company benchmark placement rates. Melissa started her career as a Certified Medical Assistant, which has provided her with valuable insights into the healthcare industry and has helped her form strong connections with her clients and candidates.
In addition to her passion for recruiting and building relationships, Melissa volunteers her time public speaking in schools where she delivers presentations on career development and growth. Melissa also belongs to the Chicopee Chamber of Commerce. Her industry knowledge, commitment to quality service, and enthusiasm for people make her an invaluable member of the J. Morrissey team.