Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
West Hartford, CT 06105 US
Contract – about four months
West Hartford, CT
- Administer a variety of pension plans for employees
- File tax returns using form 5500 and form 8955 for vested benefits
- Communicate between agencies such as plan servicers, IRS, PBGC, and DOL regarding audits and legal activities
- Facilitate meetings with the Administration team
- Maintain database with participant's benefits information
- File documents to obtain Determination Letters from the IRS
- Approve Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Calculate retirement benefits for participants
- Run monthly pension payroll, making adjustments to amounts, taxes, and deductions when needed
- Coordinate information sessions on retirement plans
- Generate monthly reports
- Monitor and adhere to government regulations
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
- Extensive experience with benefits and pension plan administration
- 5+ years of related accounting and benefits administration experience
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President, Accounting & Finance and Office Services
Colin Paterson has over 6 years of experience in the staffing industry and leads our Office Support team here at J. Morrissey. He primarily focuses on temporary placements of office and financial professional across all industries.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Colin was a Contracts and Recruiting Manager at a national recruiting and staffing firm where he led a team of recruiters focusing on sourcing and filling skilled positions across manufacturing, engineering and distribution industries. While there he learned various management styles, industry trends, sales techniques and situational leadership skills.
Colin is actively involved with Quinnipiac Valley Chamber of Commerce, Bristol Continuing Education, and the Central Connecticut State University Alumni Association. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Central Connecticut State University. His recruiting and staffing industry knowledge enables him to communicate effectively with his candidates and clients to ensure good matches on both sides.