Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Security Engineer - Remote East Coast
Middletown, CT 06023 US
Our client is seeking an experienced IT Security Engineer to join their growing team. This team is responsible for maintaining the cyber security environment for the organization. If you are looking to join a collaborative environment that offers internal growth opportunity, this is the position for you!
Permanent position, 120-140K (depending on experience) and a strong benefits package with generous PTO
Remote – Office located in New England
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and support Cisco ASA, Next-Gen, and web application firewalls while being responsible for any upgrades, patches, or changes to the security infrastructure
- Assist in securing DNS, email, web hosting, MFA, IDS/IPS, DLP, MDM, and web filtering
- Manage advanced projects, enhancing network security infrastructure and services while creating processes and accurate documentation
- Provide secondary external support for clientele security requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Security or proven work experience required
- SANS, ISC2, CISSP, GSEC information security certifications highly desired
- 5+ years of experience supporting network security infrastructure using threat detection devices, web application firewalls, and intrusion detection devices
- Experience with Next-Gen firewalls, Fortinet, Cisco,
- Experience with SIEM tools (Splunk, SolarWinds etc.)
- Ability to work autonomy outside of the standard procedures
- Proven experience supporting enterprise level security platforms
- Must be an effective communicator written and verbal with all level of staff and senior management
- Ability to work successfully in both a Windows and Linux based environment
- Basic understanding of internet protocols with strong knowledge of network and security architecture
- Python, PowerShell, Perl and Bash scripting experience is a plus
Please send resumes to Chrisg@jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter, Information Technology
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.