Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Avon, CT 06001
We are actively recruiting for a Senior Accountant as part of an expansion for one of our renowned healthcare clients. This newly created position will help prepare and analyze monthly financial results for multiple entities within the organization. Additionally, this role will be responsible for producing annual budgets, quarterly bonus calculations, forecasting, annual audit and tax return assistance as well as any special projects as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial results for various entities within the organization, including the books, preparing account analysis, journal entries and preparing financial reports
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Update weekly cash forecasts to monitor cash and manage weekly check runs
- Biweekly payroll and monthly payroll accruals for close process
- Compile monthly operations packet for senior management
- Approve invoices on a weekly basis and check for accuracy in general ledger coding
- Accurate and timely quarterly bonus calculations for employee physicians
- Annual budget for various entities with input from executive director and department heads
- Assist with producing schedules and reconciliations for annual audit and tax return
- Annual property tax and sales tax returns for entities as needed
- Assis and review annual 1099 reporting as needed
- Complete special projects and various ad hoc assignments
- Maintain and uphold confidentiality of financial and patient information in accordance with HIPAA and corporate policy and procedures
- 3-5 years Accounting experience, healthcare experience a huge plus
- Must be familiar with the monthly close process
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines
- Minimal travel may be required
Executive Recruiter, Accounting & Financial Services
Tyler Losure is an Executive Recruiter with our Accounting and Finance Group. Tyler focuses on direct hire placements across all industries, and he is responsible for representing top professionals at all levels of their accounting and finance careers.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Tyler worked as the Strategic Relations Coordinator at the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants. There, he worked to educate and motivate college accounting majors to not only pursue accounting as a career choice but to take it a step further and complete the CPA process. Additionally, he facilitated the Societies business development efforts, acquiring and securing sponsors, vendors, and advertisers for various events and publications. Tyler also coordinated the CTCPA’s Fairfield County Young Professionals group as well as orchestrated the “Accounting Is My Major (AIM)” conferences for aspiring high school juniors and seniors.
Tyler is a current Leadership Board Member of the American Lung Association’s Northeast Chapter; actively involved with HYPE, a member of the Bushnell Young Professionals Group, and a member of the University of Hartford Rugby Alumni Association.
Tyler obtained his Masters of Arts & Science in Communications from the University of Hartford, where he also completed his bachelor’s degree in Communications.