Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Wethersfield, CT 06109 US
- Supervise accounts payable, receivable, and payroll processes
- Generating and analyzing financial reports, suggesting improvements as necessary
- Creating general ledger entries
- Reconciling bank accounts and balance sheet
- Take the lead on month-end and year-end audits
- Assist in quarterly and annual budgeting
- Supervise a team 5
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in accounting
- Healthcare or non-profit experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong skills in MS Excel
- Sage experience preferred, not required
- $33-$38.50/ hr, depending on experience
- Upon permanent hire, the Senior Accountant will be eligible for our client's full range of benefits including insurance and PTO
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.