Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
640 Hopmeadow St Simsbury, CT 06070
J.Morrissey is currently hiring for a Buyer for a manufacturing client located in Simsbury, CT.
This is a direct hire position with our client.
The pay range for this position is $50, 000+ depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support indirect spend and production programs.
- Responsible for supplier sourcing
- Responsible for procurement and delivery of raw materials, machined parts, electronic components, contract manufacturing & services in support of Engineering Development and Operations teams.
- Creates and manages supplier Requests for Quotations, Purchase Orders and supply Kanbans.
- Performs assessment of supply base capability vs need, supplier sourcing, risk assessment, supplier selection & development, negotiation with suppliers, scheduling, ERP / MRP system planning, supplier Purchase Order management, conflict resolution and manages supplier follow up activity to ensure on time delivery of high quality products at least total cost.
- Works with Proposal Engineers and Development Engineering as procurement representative on new product business proposals.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements with respect to purchasing, storage, and transportation of materials are adhered to.
- Develops procurement cost justifications consistent with requirements of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs).
- Participation in Continuous Improvement activities, working with suppliers and internal customers to facilitate improvements in cost, quality and on-time delivery.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Finance or Business REQUIRED. (Will not be considered without a degree)
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with Aerospace and Defense products and processes.
- Previous experience using ERP system
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing practices
- Experience in vendor management and supplier negotiations
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Emphasis on customer service and satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize issues and tasks effectively
- Must be willing to travel as needed (0-10%).
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume directly to this posting
Staffing Manager, Office & Financial Support
Jenny Sand has over 4 years of experience in the staffing industry and is a Staffing Manager with our Office Support team. She primarily focuses on temporary and temporary-to-hire placements of office and financial professionals across all industries.
Prior to joining J.Morrissey, Jenny worked at a large international staffing firm where she sourced and filled temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct placement positions across a variety of industries including office support, financial services, light and heavy industrial, food service and more. While there, she managed the hiring process for a large financial firm, hiring upwards of 100 - 150 temporary employees for tax form processing. She was consistently recognized for placing qualified candidates and providing exceptional client and candidate service.
Jenny is actively involved with Soldier Solutions LLC, an organization that helps spread awareness for the struggles that disabled veterans face and assists in helping them receive service dogs. She received her Associate’s Degree in Business Management from SUNY Broome.