Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Senior Data Engineer - Hedge Fund Technology
New York, NY 10001 US
Our client is seeking to add a Senior Data Engineer to their risk department to streamline and manage the data architecture for the firm. In this role you will be working very closely with Data Scientist in a collaborative, innovative environment. If you want to join a team that promotes internal growth and an employee centric culture, apply below!
Hybrid schedule, Midtown Manhattan (NYC)
Salary range 150 – 190K base salary + bonus and benefits (benefits 100% paid for by employer)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the development and maintenance of a low latency scalable query/analysis infrastructure
- Take part in ETL routines on a regular basis
- Work with structured and unstructured real time data from databases (cloud and on prem) and API sources
- Acquire and test new datasets in relation to current business needs
- Develop data validation and transformation methods and create new data analysis and monitoring tools
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, operations research, or related fields
- 3 – 5 years experience working with Python and SQL
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- Prior experience working within an AWS cloud environment
- Strong understanding of the Linux OS and command line tools
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker
- Prior experience working within Financial Services (Hedge Fund or Private Equity)
Please send resumes to Chirsg@jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter, Information Technology
Chris Gamber Graduated from Hartwick College in Oneonta, New York with a Bachelor’s Degree of Business Administration and was a member of the Men’s Lacrosse Team. Chris has a passion to help IT professionals with their career goals has joined J Morrissey to represent our Information Technology recruitment team for Direct Hire and contract placements.