Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Senior Database Administrator (Remote - New England)
Southington, CT 06489 US
Our client is a niche Marketing Firm that has been thriving in their space for over 25 years. They are looking to add a forward-thinking Senior Database Administrator to their growing team to help maintain and modernize their database environment. If you are seeking a company that offers flexibility, career growth opportunities, and a very collaborative working environment this is the role for you.
Remote role, HQ in Central CT, (MA, NY, RI, VT, ME, NH preferred for necessary onsite visits)
Salary range, 120 – 145K + strong comprehensive benefits package and unstructured bonus potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform database maintenance, backup management, performance management, database documentation, database platform patching and updates as needed
- Take the lead in the migration of data from MS Access to on prem databases running on the Linux OS, performing migration activities such as configuration, installation, recovery, and backups
- Collaborative with technical staff in the design, installation, upgrade, and maintenance of database solutions and tools
- Documents software installs and upgrades made to the software
- Collaborate with team to assist with BI development and reporting initiatives
- Take part in various projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred, but will consider relevant work experience
- 5-7 years of experience working in database administration/engineering
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Good knowledge in database-design, SQL, SQL Clusters and optimization
- Strong ETL experience required
- Prior experience working with BI tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Etc.)
- Prior experience working within a Linux/Unix operating system
- Experience with data warehousing, administration, upgrades, and documentation
- Must be willing to research and recommend new technologies and systems to help modernize the environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills required
Meet Your Recruiter
Chris Gamber, III
Manager, Information Technology Services
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.