Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Manchester, CT 06041 US
Shipping Clerk ($17-20/hr)
Temp to Hire
Hours: Full time, Second Shift - 4pm-midnight
Location: Manchester, CT
Full Job Description
Our client is seeking an energetic and motivated team player to join their shipping team. The ideal candidate should be well versed in operating warehouse equipment such as a pallet jack, forklift, reach truck, etc. and should have experience using a computer system to create shipping labels and track materials.
This opportunity is with a large, family owned manufacturing company which takes pride in creating a positive working environment for their employees. This position takes place in a new and modernized manufacturing warehouse.
- Ensure that all shipments are properly processed for carrier pickups
- Prepping orders for shipment
- Use UPS, FedEx, and UTL systems to enter and process shipments
- Operate warehouse equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to pick and pack orders and transport inventory throughout the warehouse
- 2+ years of experience in shipping and receiving and experience using UPS, FedEx, or UTL systems
- Must enjoy working in a warehouse and manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to learn new equipment, systems, and processes
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Consistent attendance and a positive attitude
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range: $16-18/ hr, depending on experience, plus a differential for 2nd shift
- Employees will be eligible for our client's benefits upon permanent hire. Benefits included are, but may not be limited to:
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation and sick days
- 401(k) employer matching plan
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.