Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Software Engineer (Hybrid)
Hartford, CT 06101 US
Software Engineer (Hybrid)
Join an innovative and growing financial software company that offers progressive personal and professional development for all employees. Our client has been recognized as a top workplace in CT!
In this role you would be developing the company’s product suite and core processing technology that is offered to clientele, this group is highly collaborative and offers tremendous internal growth opportunities.
Offering: Hybrid schedule, 90-115K with a very strong benefits package (generous PTO) Office located in the Meriden, CT area
Software Developer Duties:
- Develop, maintain, and document valuable software solutions for clientele
- Troubleshoot issues with systems and analyze/correct software defects
- Work in an Agile environment on various full stack development projects
- Perform relational database coding, reviewing inputs and outputs
- Develop operating instructions as needed
- Collaborate with vendors and customers to develop and improve product functions
- Respond to customer service inquires related to system capabilities
- Work closely with other departments, vendors and customers when documenting software releases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 3-5 years of Software Development experience
- Strong ability to analyze and investigate technical information and come to conclusions
- Professional experience with some of the following languages; .NET Core, Angular JS, CSS and jQuery NET MVC, C#
- Knowledge of databases, networks and SQL -Oracle, SQL Server
- Prior experience with coding/designing user interfaces, Client/Server, Web applications and technology
- Must have strong communication skills both written and oral with the ability to interact with all levels of colleagues
Please send Resumes to Chrisg@jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Chris Gamber, III
Manager, Information Technology Services
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.