Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
289 Broad Street Windsor, CT 06095
We have an exciting internal recruiting opportunity here at J. Morrissey Recruiting and Staffing. The demand for Healthcare Staffing Services is at a record high. We are looking to add to our well respected team with a HR Assistant. Our Healthcare Services Group is known statewide as “ the” local resource and leader in Healthcare placements for both temporary and direct hire placement.
A representative list of responsibilities of the Hr Assistant.
- Source, Identify, Screen and Present qualified candidates to our Healthcare Recruiters for our open Job Assignments via a variety of sources.
- Schedule and perform daily / weekly phone screens of prospective candidates.
- Perform quality control phone calls to our active temporary associate / employees ensuring their assignments are going well.
- Assist with onboarding candidates, both J. Morrissey and client specific requirements, to include Background Checks, Drugs Screens and Immunizations. Verify candidates are cleared before their assignment start date.
The ideal candidate for this staffing position has a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to make a positive impact in people’ s lives while helping companies achieve their business goals.
Our agency has been a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry for over 3 decades. We have built an environment where our employees can grow and build rewarding careers while serving others. If you are passionate about building meaningful relationships with clients, candidates and your team, then connect with us today.
- A privately owned company that has an entrepreneurial work environment
- A family oriented culture that values work / life balance
- State of the art staffing software package
- Job and industry specific training
- Community outreach opportunities
- Free Parking
- Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years’ of recent experience as a HR Assistant or Sourcing Professional with duties such as: Screening candidates, Qualifying candidates and On Boarding activities.
- Someone who thrives on creating a positive customer experience for both the client and candidate
- Ability to handle a face paced environment
- Self-motivation and direction
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Erik Heller, CPC, CTS
Senior Vice President & COO
Erik J. Heller has over 20 years of experience in the Recruiting and Staffing industry and has been with J.Morrissey since 1994 holding various roles with increasing responsibility. He is nationally recognized as a Certified Personnel Consultant and Certified Temporary Specialist.
As the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President, Erik is responsible for the operations of all J.Morrissey offices (Windsor CT, Shelton CT, Springfield MA) as well as running a successful Healthcare Practice. He has experience placing Healthcare professionals into a variety of environments including: hospitals, managed care organizations, physician practices, management service organizations, home care agencies, and long term care facilities. In addition, Erik has a comprehensive understanding of Healthcare Reimbursement, the Revenue Cycle, Case Management and Managed Care.
Erik is a founding member and Chairman of the American Staffing Association’s Connecticut Regional Council, formerly known as the Connecticut Staffing Association, and is a Past President of the Connecticut Association of Personnel Services. He served on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee from 1999 to 2012 holding various roles such as Treasurer, 1st and 2nd Vice President Chairs. Other association’s Erik has involvement in: the National Association of Personnel Services, American Staffing Association’s Healthcare Section, Quinnipiac University Alumni Association, the Connecticut Medical Group Management Association, the Connecticut Case Management Society, and is a former Board member for the SummerWind Performing Arts Center.
Erik attended Quinnipiac College where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management with a concentration in Human Resources.