Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Sr Software Engineer - Hybrid Central CT
New Britain, CT 06050 US
Our client is a niche marking company and a true industry leader in their space. They are seeking a seasoned Software Engineer to their team as the company continues to grow in revenue and clientele. If you are looking to join a highly collaborative environment where you can contribute to the development of their key product line, this is the opportunity for you.
Flexible hybrid schedule – Office located in central CT, New Britain/West Hartford area
Salary range, 125 – 160K + benefits and unstructured bonus potential
- Work alongside a seasoned team of engineers developing the company’s core product
- Build, maintain, and strengthen the integrated systems
- Develop and manage high quality, robust and efficient data pipelines
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including engineers, hardware engineers, and database personnel to ensure system specifications and requirements are met
- Support systems running on the Linux OS, and maintain detailed documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, engineering preferred but proven industry experience will be acceptable
- 5+ years of experience within software engineering
- Extensive experience with C++ software development
- Experience operating within a Linux based environment
- Prior embedded systems experience
- Experience with modeling real world systems, and data analysis
- Must be an effective communicator both written and verbal
- Strong collaboration skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Chris Gamber, III
Manager, Information Technology Services
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.