Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Sr Systems Engineer - Hybrid (New England)
Marlborough, MA 01752 US
Sr Systems Engineer – Hybrid (New England)
Our client is a top voted work place looking for a well-rounded senior level Systems Engineer to join their growing team. This is a client facing role, assisting customers in the financial industry with large scale migrations into hosted platforms, Windows systems administration, VMware, network infrastructure, and general IT consulting.
Work from home position with flexible hours and travel to client sites in MA, CT, other New England States, occasional project based travel to Mid Atlantic states (make your own schedule when traveling to client sites)
Compensation and benefits: Base salary range of 100-140K + Bonus and strong benefits, Laptop, phone, and millage reimbursement included.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with clients to complete migrations onto internal hosted platforms to provide implementation and migration services
- Provide some general IT consulting to clientele and complete environment health checks when needed
- Provide support of client servers (physical and virtual), networks, and PCs/workstations
- Install and support virtual platforms and applications
- Troubleshoot issues related to routers, switches, severs, printers, applications, and workstations
- Secure the network and server environment, documenting the existing infrastructure and changes or upgrades
- Assist with any other related project-based work as needed.
- 5+ years of experience deploying Windows servers, VMware with shared storage, and network environments
- Desired certifications include: MCSE, VCP, CCNA
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of MS Windows Server 2008-2019, network infrastructure (routing concepts, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP), Active Directory, PowerShell, and VMware (vSphere)
- Working knowledge of VMware Horizon View, O365, CommVault enterprise backup solutions, Dell EqualLogic and InTune desired
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop 10 and above
- Strong customer service skills in professional environment, ability to communication with all levels of staff/management both written and verbally
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work within teams and autonomously
- At least 1 year of experience in the financial or professional services industry desired
- Ability and willingness to travel an average of 75%
Please send resume to chrisg@Jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter, Information Technology
Chris Gamber Graduated from Hartwick College in Oneonta, New York with a Bachelor’s Degree of Business Administration and was a member of the Men’s Lacrosse Team. Chris has a passion to help IT professionals with their career goals has joined J Morrissey to represent our Information Technology recruitment team for Direct Hire and contract placements.