Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
Sr Systems Engineer - Hybrid (New England)
Worcester, MA 01601 US
Sr Systems Engineer – Hybrid (New England)
Our client is a top voted work place looking for a well-rounded senior level Systems Engineer to join their growing team. This is a client facing role, assisting customers in the financial industry with large scale migrations into hosted platforms, Windows systems administration, VMware, network infrastructure, and general IT consulting.
Work from home position with flexible hours and travel to client sites in MA, CT, other New England States, occasional project based travel to Mid Atlantic states (make your own schedule when traveling to client sites)
Compensation and benefits: Base salary range of 100-140K + Bonus and strong benefits, Laptop, phone, and millage reimbursement included.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with clients to complete migrations onto internal hosted platforms to provide implementation and migration services
- Provide some general IT consulting to clientele and complete environment health checks when needed
- Provide support of client servers (physical and virtual), networks, and PCs/workstations
- Install and support virtual platforms and applications
- Troubleshoot issues related to routers, switches, severs, printers, applications, and workstations
- Secure the network and server environment, documenting the existing infrastructure and changes or upgrades
- Assist with any other related project-based work as needed.
- 5+ years of experience deploying Windows servers, VMware with shared storage, and network environments
- Desired certifications include: MCSE, VCP, CCNA
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of MS Windows Server 2008-2019, network infrastructure (routing concepts, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP), Active Directory, PowerShell, and VMware (vSphere)
- Working knowledge of VMware Horizon View, O365, CommVault enterprise backup solutions, Dell EqualLogic and InTune desired
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop 10 and above
- Strong customer service skills in professional environment, ability to communication with all levels of staff/management both written and verbally
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work within teams and autonomously
- At least 1 year of experience in the financial or professional services industry desired
- Ability and willingness to travel an average of 75%
Please send resume to chrisg@Jmorrissey.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiter, Information Technology
Chris Gamber is a driven professional and a 2020 graduate of Hartwick College. During his college years, he showcased his dedication and teamwork as a proud member of the Men's Lacrosse Team, instilling a strong sense of discipline and commitment.
Today, Chris stands at the forefront of J. Morrissey, where he has spent the last four years honing his expertise in Direct Hire and Contract IT placement. His focus extends to Mid-Career to Executive Level IT Professionals across a wide array of industries, including Infrastructure, Data Science, Software Development, IT Security, VCISO, Managed Services, Network Engineering, Management/Executive Level, and Business Intelligence.
When he's not immersed in the world of IT recruitment, Chris enjoys precious moments with his fiancé, sharing their time between their family's vacation homes in the picturesque locales of Rhode Island and Maine. These coastal getaways offer the perfect backdrop for creating lasting memories, especially during the tranquil Summer and vibrant Fall seasons.
Beyond his professional pursuits and scenic escapes, Chris embraces his love for leisure activities. He finds solace and excitement on the golf course, patiently casting his line while fishing, and unwinding at the picturesque Charlestown Beach in Rhode Island. These moments of relaxation add balance to his dynamic life.
With a passion for career success, a penchant for coastal living, and an appreciation for the simple joys of life, Chris Gamber embodies a well-rounded individual who thrives in both his personal and professional endeavors.