Opportunity Starts Here
J. Morrissey & Company can help you find a job and achieve your goals.
East Hartford, CT 06118 US
In partnership with a longstanding local company, we are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to support a busy team. This candidate should be skilled with handling fixed assets and Cost Accounting activities and should be motivated to progress professionally with a growing manufacturing company.
- Provide support to various areas of accounting such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciliations
- Conduct internal audits, produce journal entries and generate financial statements such as profit and loss, balance sheet, etc.
- Work extensively with Fixed Assets
- Maintain updated and accurate records of all assets and liabilities
- Aid in monthly closings through prepping records for audits, generating statements, and filing tax returns
- Assist in developing annual budget and financial projections
- Cost accounting – cost estimates, inventory counts, variance analyses
- Other accounting responsibilities as needed
- Bachelors degree required
- 3+ years of experience with a manufacturing company
- Computer proficiency – MS Excel, accounting ERPs
- Analytical skills
- Must be able to work fully on site
- Drive to progress as an accounting professional
- $60-75k, depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package – health, vision, and dental insurance; PTO, 401k with match.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter, Office Support Group
Jake Anderson joined our Firm as an Associate Recruiter and works directly in our Office Support Group as well as our Accounting and Finance Group, focusing on both Contract and Direct Hire placement.
Prior to joining J. Morrissey, Jake worked at Glastonbury Hills Country Club, where he used his strong work ethic and passion for building relationships to develop his skills in communication and customer service. Jake is excited to be involved with a company that enables him to assist other people in finding their passions.
Jake is a 2021 graduate from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as a minor in Psychology.